Welcome to Glossop and District Golf Club!
Welcome to the Glossop & District Golf Club, we hope you find what you are looking for whether it is for Golf, a Function or to enjoy a Meal with us.
Our belief is we offer unbeatable value, so if you are looking to hold a function or a wedding etc, please consider our newly refurbished air conditioned function room. Glossop Golf Club offers outstanding views from the clubhouse and our highly complimented food will ensure you have an evening to remember. Whatever event you are organising you will be made most welcome.
We particularly welcome visitors, we are open for pay and play from Sunday through to Friday.
Give our friendly professional Jamie a ring on 01457-853-117 and he will let you know the best time to play our lovely golf course.
We look forward to seeing you soon………….
Capstone Open Weekend:
Sat 11th & Sun 12th June 2016
Over £1,500 worth of prizes including a lst prize of an overnight stay at Formby Hall for four – plus 2 rounds of golf
|Best Mens Saturday and Sunday||Best Overall (Centenary Salver)|
|Best Ladies or Mixed over the weekend||Best Team over the weekend (incl Visitors)|
|Plus 5 other categories (incl. Card Draw)||Only one prize per pair may be won over the weekend|
Want to reserve your playing slot… click here Open Weekend 2016
Want to learn more about Capstone…
click here Capstone Financial Management
Thinking about rejoining Glossop Golf Club? There’s never been a better time…..
From the first of April 2016 we are offering a 25% reduction for previous members who wish return to Glossop Golf Club.
The discount is worth up to £165.
The discount applies to seven,six and five day memberships both for Ladies and Gents.
Head Greenkeepers Report – 28th April 2016
Click here to access and download the club’s latest Wedding brochure
- Ladies Competition News – 2016 results to follow.
Ladies – Can we tempt you????
Are you one of many who feel they need to get more exercise? Are you one of the many people in Glossopdale who has driven past Glossop Golf Club and thought that starting to play golf might be for you but, like most people, you have no idea how to get from your settee to actually playing? If so read on ——
- First make contact with us either through the enquiry section on this web site or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- A meeting will be arranged with someone from the Ladies Committee for a guided tour of the facilities when all your questions can be answered.
- If you decide to go ahead it’s advisable to start with lessons. Our Professional –Jamie gives beginners lessons on our excellent practice facility. At this stage no equipment is needed. This will give you an indication that golf may be for you and you can decide whether to continue.
- You can then go forward to one of our membership deals, details of which are on our web site
- One concern to new members is the cost of equipment. The Ladies Committee have put together some sets of beginners club that can be used by new members for the first few months. Only outlay you would have would be for golf shoes.
- As a new member you will be allocated a mentor to act as a contact and take you on the course for the first time. Initially your mentor will make it easy for you by using the bottom four holes and playing from the blue tees on the Academy Course. You will be given help with rules and marking cards.
- When you feel ready you can move on to play nine holes from either the Academy course or the ladies’ course using the red tees.
- Wednesday is Ladies Day when the course is reserved for ladies. When you feel confident you can play in the 18-hole competition held on Wednesday and also any other competition throughout the week.
- Of course it is not necessary to play in competitions. Most members arrange to play social golf with friends. You just book a tee-time and arrange things amongst yourselves. This is usually followed by refreshments afterward with excellent food and drink provided by our caterers.
Still interested then contact us. We look forward to hearing from you