Welcome to Glossop and District Golf Club!
Welcome to the Glossop & District Golf Club, we hope you find what you are looking for whether it is for Golf, a Function or to enjoy a Meal with us.
Our belief is we offer unbeatable value, so if you are looking to hold a function or a wedding etc, please consider our newly refurbished air conditioned function room. Glossop Golf Club offers outstanding views from the clubhouse and our highly complimented food will ensure you have an evening to remember. Whatever event you are organising you will be made most welcome.
We particularly welcome visitors, we are open for pay and play from Sunday through to Friday.
Give our friendly professional Jamie a ring on 01457-853-117 and he will let you know the best time to play our lovely golf course.
We look forward to seeing you soon………….
Can we interest you in a ………………………………..
17 months Golf Membership for only £699
From 1st November 2015 to 31st March 2017
See attached for details:- Golf Membership Offer
Hurry…………..places are limited and
offer ends 30th October 2015 so give
Trevor our Membership Secretary
a call on 01457 850774
Offer open to all new members and those who wish to return
Click here to access and download the club’s latest Wedding brochure
Head Greenkeepers Winter Maintenance Report – 06 October 2015
- Ensuring the best possible playing conditions during the winter
- Encouraging growth on the course in early Spring
- To see Paul’s Report please click this link :- HG Winter Maintenance Report 6 Oct 2015
Ladies – Can we tempt you????
Are you one of many who feel they need to get more exercise? Are you one of the many people in Glossopdale who has driven past Glossop Golf Club and thought that starting to play golf might be for you but, like most people, you have no idea how to get from your settee to actually playing? If so read on ——
- First make contact with us either through the enquiry section on this web site or by emailing email@example.com
- A meeting will be arranged with someone from the Ladies Committee for a guided tour of the facilities when all your questions can be answered.
- If you decide to go ahead it’s advisable to start with lessons. Our Professional –Jamie gives a block of five lessons at a cost is £75 on our newly created practice facility. At this stage no equipment is needed. This will give you an indication that golf may be for you and you can decide to continue.
- You can then go forward to one of our membership deals. The current deal for ladies new to golf is £125 for the first year. Good value at £2-40 a week and you can use the practice area and play every day except Saturday.
- One concern to new members is the cost of equipment. The Ladies Committee have put together some sets of beginners club that can be used by new members for the first few months. Only outlay you would have would be for golf shoes.
- As a new member you will be allocated a mentor to act as a contact and take you on the course for the first time. Initially your mentor will make it easy for you by using the bottom four holes and playing from the blue tees. You will be given help with rules and marking cards.
- When you feel ready you can move on to play nine holes from the red tees. Ladies day is on a Wednesday and there is a nine-hole competition at 10-00 a.m.
- When you feel confident you can play in the Wednesday 18-hole competition and all other competition throughout the week.
- Of course it is not necessary to play in competitions. Most members arrange to play social golf with friends. You just book a tee-time and arrange things amongst yourselves. This is usually followed by refreshments afterward with excellent food and drink provided by our steward.
Still interested then contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.